Cheesecake and Chocolate Stuffed Strawberries Recipe
Recipe Type: Desserts Recipes
This treat is as tasty as it is pretty to look at and so easy to prepare! We’ve all seen berries dipped in chocolate, but consider how clever Mom will think you are by stuffing them instead.
- CHOCOLATE STUFFING
- 1/2 c sugar
- 2 2/3 tbs milk
- 2 1/2 tbs butter
- 1/2 c semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 c finely chopped pecans if desired
- CHEESECAKE STUFFING
- 1 (8-oz) pkg cream cheese softened
- 3 tbs milk or cream
- 1/2 tsp almond extract
- 1-2 tbs powdered sugar
- DIRECTIONS FOR CHOCOLATE STUFFING
- Put the first 3 ingredients in a small saucepan and bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Remove from heat and add chocolate chips. Beat with a wire whisk until chocolate mixture is creamy and cooled. Add chopped nuts, if desired.
- DIRECTIONS FOR CHEESECAKE STUFFING
- In a medium bowl, mix cream cheese, milk or cream, almond extract, and powdered sugar together until consistency is smooth. Fill an icing cone or small plastic zippered bag (cut about 1/4 inch off one corner of the bag) with a mixture.
- TO STUFF BERRIES
- Carefully core out fresh, firm berries. Create a hollow space of about ½ to ¾ inch, depending on the size of the berries. Cut a small piece off the berry tip, so the berries can stand on their own. Pipe stuffing into berries, and arrange nicely on a serving plate or tray.
Spread the love