Cannellini Bean and Spinach Pasta Recipes
Recipe Type: Main Dish
from the kitchen of Patricia Owens Serve this quick and scrumptious pasta dish with warm garlic bread. Consider doubling the recipe to have extra for the next day – it’s that good
- 1 lb penne pasta
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 4 tsp minced garlic (or 2 cloves finely chopped)
- 1 (28-oz) can Italian tomato with garlic, basil, and oregano
- 1 (15-oz) can cannellini or other white beans
- 10 oz coarsely chopped fresh baby spinach
- 3/4 c shredded Parmesan cheese or crumbled feta cheese
- Fill a large saucepan ¾ full with water. Bring to a boil and add pasta, then return to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-high and cook pasta for 8 to 10 minutes. When pasta reaches the al dente stage, drain pasta.
- While the pasta is cooking, heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat; add garlic and cook for
- approximately 1 minute. Add tomatoes (with liquid) and drained beans. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-high; cook 10 minutes. Add spinach and cook just until spinach wilts. Combine pasta and sauce in a large bowl
- and mix thoroughly. Top with cheese.
Spread the love