Cannellini Bean and Spinach Pasta Recipes
from the kitchen of Patricia Owens Serve this quick and scrumptious pasta dish with warm garlic bread. Consider doubling the recipe to have extra for the next day – it’s that good
Author: Patricia Owens
Recipe type: Main Dish
- 1 lb penne pasta
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 4 tsp minced garlic (or 2 cloves finely chopped)
- 1 (28-oz) can Italian tomato with garlic, basil, and oregano
- 1 (15-oz) can cannellini or other white beans
- 10 oz coarsely chopped fresh baby spinach
- ¾ c shredded Parmesan cheese or crumbled feta cheese
- Fill a large saucepan ¾ full with water. Bring to a boil and add pasta, then return to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-high and cook pasta for 8 to 10 minutes. When pasta reaches the al dente stage, drain pasta.
- While the pasta is cooking, heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat; add garlic and cook for
- approximately 1 minute. Add tomatoes (with liquid) and drained beans. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-high; cook 10 minutes. Add spinach and cook just until spinach wilts. Combine pasta and sauce in a large bowl
- and mix thoroughly. Top with cheese.
Spread the love