Broccoli and Cheese Casserole Recipe
Recipe Type: Side Dishes Recipes
from the kitchen of Angela; onesmileymonkey.com Not a broccoli lover? Prepare to be persuaded otherwise. The taste and texture of this casserole are wonderful!
- 2 tsp butter
- 1/4 c all purpose flour
- 2 c milk
- 1 c shredded Cheddar cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 c steamed broccoli cut into bite sized pieces
- 1/3 c dry bread crumbs
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Melt butter in a medium-sized skillet over medium heat. Mix flour into butter; add milk
- slowly, stirring constantly to avoid lumps. When mixture thickens, add cheese and continue stirring until a thick
- sauce results. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Place broccoli in an 8-inch, square baking dish; pour the sauce over the top and sprinkle breadcrumbs evenly over
- all. Bake for 30 minutes or until the mixture is hot and bubbling.
Spread the love