Basil Marinated Chicken Breasts Recipe
from the kitchen of Carolyn Albright, This is an exceptional alternative to the traditional barbecue sauce typically used on chicken. Marinating your chicken overnight ensures that you end up with moist, tender chicken every time!
Author: Carolyn Albright
Recipe type: Main Dish
- 1 c extra virgin olive oil
- 1 c lemon juice
- 4 tsp minced onions
- 2 tsp salt
- 2 tbs chopped basil or more to taste
- 4 clove garlic minced
- 8 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- In a blender or food processor, blend the oil, lemon juice, onion, salt, basil, and garlic until thick and smooth. Reserve half the marinade to use as a basting sauce for grilling. Refrigerate. Pour remaining marinade into a flat container. Set chicken pieces in marinade; cover. Refrigerate overnight.
- When ready to grill, cover the grill grate with aluminum foil and poke holes in the foil. Preheat the grill for high heat. Spray foil with cooking spray and arrange chic oiled foiled grate. Baste with reserved basil marinade. Cook 7½ minutes, brushing frequently with marinade. Turn chicken pieces. Brushing often with marinade, cook 7½ more minutes or until juices run clear.
- TIP: To facilitate even grilling, use a meat pounder to even out the thickness of the chicken breast.