BAKED CRUNCHY TACO CASSEROLE RECIPE
BY: HEATHER CHENEY FROM HEATHER LIKES FOOD
Here's a new way to eat a taco. Line up all of your taco shells, stuff them with ground beef, sprinkle with cheese, and bake. When you pull out Baked Crunchy Taco Casserole from the oven, add your favorite toppings: lettuce, tomatoes, sour cream, etc. After one bite of this taco shell casserole, you'll fall in love with its crispiness and flavor. You'll want to eat all your tacos this way.
1 pound ground beef or turkey
1 (14 ½ ounce) can petite diced tomatoes, drained
1 packet taco seasoning
1 cup cheese, divided
1/4 cup salsa verde
15 crunchy taco shells
Shredded lettuce, tomatoes, cilantro, sour cream, guacamole, lime juice to top
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
2. Brown and drain meat.
3. Stir tomatoes, seasoning, 1/2 cup cheese, and salsa into meat.
4. Arrange taco shells standing up in a 9 x 13 inch pan. Fill each shell with the meat mixture, dividing equally until all the meat is used.
5. Sprinkle remaining 1/2 cup of cheese over the tops of the filled tacos and bake for 15 to 20 minutes. Cheese will be melted and the meat hot.
6. Top with shredded lettuce, tomatoes, cilantro, sour cream, guacamole, and lime juice.