Apple Cherry Cobbler Recipe
from the kitchen of Glenna Stone, This old-fashioned dessert would be perfect on a chilly fall day
Author: Glenna Stone
Recipe type: Desserts Recipes
- 1 c all purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 c milk
- ½ c plus 6 tablespoons butter melted and divided
- 6 large apples peeled, cored, and thinly sliced
- ¾ c pecans
- ½ c dried red cherries
- ½ c brown sugar
- CREAM CHEESE TOPPING
- 1 (8-oz) pkg cream cheese softened
- 2 tbs brown sugar
- ¼ c milk
- Preheat oven to 350°F. In a large bowl, mix together flour, baking powder, salt, and milk. Stir in ½ cup melted butter. Stir only until blended (do not overmix). Spoon batter into well-buttered, 10-inch cast iron skillet.
- In a medium bowl, toss apples, nuts, cherries, and brown sugar together. Add 6 tablespoons melted butter. Spoon over batter and bake for 35 minutes. Serve with vanilla ice cream, sweetened whipped cream, or cream cheese topping.
- Mix all ingredients together until smooth.