JOHN WAYNE TATER TOT CASSEROLE RECIPE
By: Emily Ramirez for AllFreeCasseroleRecipes.com
John Wayne loved anything with cheese and a little bit of zest. This John Wayne Tater Tot Casserole is loaded with zesty flavor and cheesy comfort, just like the famous actor would’ve liked. It’s simple to put together with its small ingredient list, which makes it great for a weeknight meal. Tater tots, chili, diced tomatoes and chilies, corn, cheese, and sour cream are all it takes to create a meal fit for the Duke himself! Based off of the famous John Wayne casserole, which includes green chilies and Monterey Jack cheese, this variation on the classic recipe will be loved by the whole family.
2 cans chili with meat (drain, if needed)
4 tablespoons sour cream
1 can whole kernel corn, drained
1 can diced tomatoes and chilies, drained
2 cups shredded Cheddar and Monterey Jack cheese blend, divided
1 (30-ounce) bag Ore-Ida Crispy Crowns
1. Let tater tots defrost at room temperature for approximately one hour. When defrosted, preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. In a large bowl, combine chili with sour cream. Mix in corn and drained tomatoes and chilies. Gently fold in one cup cheese. Set aside.
3. Spray a 9 x 13-inch baking dish with nonstick spray. Layer half of the tater tots on the bottom of the baking dish.
4. Pour chili mixture on top of the tater tots. Layer the other half of the tater tots on top of the chili.
5. Sprinkle with the remaining one cup of cheese and cover with foil.
6. Bake, covered, for 30 minutes. Remove foil and bake another 10 to 15 minutes or until heated through.