GROUND BEEF DORITOS CASSEROLE RECIPE
By: Judith Hines for AllFreeCasseroleRecipes.com
Everyone needs a cheesy ground beef casserole in their life. If you don’t have one yet, Ground Beef Doritos Casserole is a great one to get started with. The Doritos make it fun and the rest make it comfort food. One plate of this cheesy casserole recipe has the power to turn a frown upside down. What’s more, it’s incredibly easy to make, so say goodbye to stress at the kitchen door. Because this ground beef casserole is so easy to make, it is sure to become one of your favorite go-to weeknight meals.
1 pound ground beef
½ cup diced onion
2 tablespoons taco seasoning
1 (10-ounce) can cheese soup
1 (10-ounce) can tomatoes with green chilies
1 (10-1/2 ounce) bag Doritos chips, Nacho Cheese flavor
3 cups Mexican blend shredded cheese
sour cream and salsa for serving
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly spray a 9 x 13-inch baking dish with vegetable spray.
2. In a large, deep, non-stick skillet, brown the meat with the onion and taco seasoning until the meat is no longer pink, about 5 minutes, breaking up the meat with the back of a spoon. Add the soup and tomatoes to the pan and stir until blended.
3. Use your hands to crush the chips slightly. Place about 1/3 of the crushed chips into the bottom of the pan, and then spoon half of the meat mixture over the chips. Top with 1 cup of the cheese, spreading evenly in the dish.
4. Layer another 1/3 of the chips, the rest of the meat, and another cup of the cheese.
5. Top with a final layer of the chips and top with the final cup of cheese.
6. Bake for 25 minutes. Serve with sour cream and salsa on the side for topping each serving.