Garden Fresh Tomato Soup Recipe
from the kitchen of Chloe Burke Who doesn’t love a hot bowl of soup on a cold day? The fresh tomatoes and basil give this recipe a divine, garden-goodness taste.
Author: Chloe Burke
Recipe type: Soup & Stew
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 8 large quartered tomatoes
- ½ cup chopped carrot
- ¼ cup chopped celery
- 1 (14½-ounce) can chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon dried thyme
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon fresh minced basil
- Heat oil in a large Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Sauté onion and garlic until onion is tender. Add tomatoes and cook for 20 minutes. Add remaining ingredients; cook another 10 minutes. Let soup cool 10 minutes. Pour soup, a few cups at a time, into a food processor and purée. Continue until all soup is puréed to desired consistency.